On my new Windows 7 desktop, I tried to open a .jar file, only to be rebuked. Thanks to Andy from ShowerHacks.com and Dave from FishingPicks.com for the help. And lo, after some Googling, there is. Here’s how:
- Go to the run box and type in cmd. Instead of hitting Enter, use Ctrl + Shift + Enter. This will run the command prompt with Admin rights.
- A dialog box should pop up notifying you of what you’re doing and you have to confirm it. Annoying.
- Type this in to the command line: assoc .jar=CompressedFolder. Press Enter
There you have it kids. Windows 7 opens .jar files like they were .zip files.
File this under “Oh this is neat, though I don’t use OmniGraffle, but if I did, then I’d probably use this Ext JS Stencil.”
Via: The Ext JS Tumblr
I’ve been meaning to turn off that Front Row shortcut for a while now, and now I can!
Via: Giles Bowkett
Hey, hey. Looks like Firebug 1.5.0 has finally come out of beta.
Improvements I actually appreciate:
- Enhanced Inspector
- More accurate Net panel timings
- Improved HTML editing
- Separate Computed CSS and Style subpanels
The other additions are nice, just not sure that I’d actually use them.
This is interesting: VMware has bought Zimbra from Yahoo.
That all being said, what is VMware going to do with Zimbra?
Via Market Watch