In an attempt to post more on this site about stuff I find interesting, I think I’ll try doing a few ‘link round-up’ type of link lists.
- IE8 has changed it’s default rendering for sites – There was a lot of online yelling about their previous stance. It’s nice that they’ve changed to be more forward-facing.
- Speaking of IE8, there is a
standalonebeta of IE8 available – I’m installing this as I write this, actually. Updated: Not a standalone, damn it.
- The Acid3 test is ready – The Acid3 test is just like the Acid 2 tests, only for DOM scripting. This should help browser creators standardize on some functionality. You know, stuff that should already be standardized.
- Google Gears for Mobile platforms has been released – I’ve been meaning to look into Google Gears for the desktop for a while now, not to mention looking more into mobile, too.
- Zend Framework will be included in the next version of Ubuntu – We currently use the Zend Framework here at work and it’s done a lot of helpful things for us, especially the DB package. And while I don’t personally use Ubuntu, it’s nice that it’s being included.